Davis Farms Wholesale Tillandsias Return/Refund/Cancellation Policy
PLEASE READ ALL INFORMATION THOROUGHLY, BEFORE CONTACTING US.
Tillandsias are easy to ship and very, very rarely have any issues during the shipping process. Minor broken leaves during transit (can easily be trimmed) may be expected as the handling of packages after they leave our facility is beyond our control. We pack your plant plants very carefully to mitigate any such damage.
We will only accept returns, refunds and cancellations under these guidelines:
- Please notify us within 24 hours of receiving your plants/products if there are any issues, e.g. damage or broken. Take a picture of the box and damaged product and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org as we will need this to file a claim with the USPS. Please save any damaged UPS box, as it will need to be inspected by a UPS representative.
- FOR UPS CLAIMS:
- 7 photos of the damage items
- A photo showing the damaged merchandise, inside the original box, with all of the original cushioning (picture should show the placement of the merchandise and packaging inside the box)
- A photo of the packaging material used inside the box (e.g. bubble wrap, Styrofoam peanuts, cardboard dividers, etc.)
- A close-up photo of the shipping label with tracking number (please zoom in enough to read the tracking number, which usually begins with 1Z)
- A close-up photo of the box manufacturer’s certificate (BMC), if available
- The BMC is a round stamp that details either the bursting strength of the box or the edge crush rating of the box.
- The BMC is generally found on a bottom flap on the outside of a corrugated cardboard box.
- Two photos displaying all six sides of the package (One photo should display the top and two sides. The second photo should display the bottom and the opposite sides.)
- Dimensions of the box, including the package height, length, and width.
- Store credit will be issued on hard goods after the insurance claim is approved.
- Damaged items that are of minimal quantity will be credited and not shipped, as it is not cost effective.
- Any plant returns will be credited to your account towards your next purchase after we receive the return.
- We have a 100% satisfaction guarantee but you will pay for return shipping unless otherwise agreed before sending the plants back and must be arranged within 72 hours. Your account will be credited for any return and your credit will never expire.
- Damage will only be covered up to $50 unless additional insurance is purchased. Insurance only covers damage or loss of the package by the USPS, freezing is not covered by insurance
We have shipped thousands of boxes of plants in freezing weather and have had only several incidence of plant freezing to death, but it is important to know that no refund or return will be approved on plants damaged or killed by freezing weather.
If you follow these guidelines you will mitigate the chance of loss:
- Please add one or more heat packs if your plants will be traveling through freezing weather.
- Someone must be able to receive the plants when they are delivered. If they are left outside on a porch on in a lock box in freezing weather they will not survive. There is only so much a heat pack can do.
- If you cannot be available to receive the plants when they will be delivered please email us at email@example.com to ask us to have your package held for pickup at your local post office.
- We highly suggest using express service if its freezing cold. This is a next day service in most locations and will dramatically reduce the risk of the plants freezing to death.
- Plan your shipment around extreme weather events. For example, if there’s a nor’easter or polar vortex causing unusually cold weather, it might be best to wait until it’s over. If you can’t wait please use express shipping and or have the shipment held at the post office. Luckily we don’t have to deal with these weather extremes in San Diego:)
- Cancellations are subject to a 20% restocking fee if the order has already been pulled. Once it ships and you wish to return the goods, the fee will be applicable. If the order has not been processed (pulled) on our end, there will be no fee for cancellation.
- If your order arrives too late based on delays from the shipping company returns will be accepted less shipping cost. Please plan accordingly and order in enough time to allow for possible shipping delays, especially during peak holiday season.
- Tax and Fees refund for California wholesale buyers. If you are a wholesaler, please create an account and allow time for us to approve the account before you order. If you already have an account, please log in before you order or you will be charged tax and fees. If you don’t have an approved account, or forget to log in, your tax and fees will be only be returned to you in the form of store credit associated to your account.