Shipping in Cold Weather We have shipped thousands of boxes of plants in freezing weather and have had only several incidence of plant freezing to death, however It is important to know that no refund or return will be approved on plants damaged or killed by freezing weather. We highly suggest ordering between Friday afternoon and Tuesday night. This will prevent your box sitting over the weekend allowing the heat pack to expire. We may hold your order to ship on Monday if you order Wednesday – Friday morning and it’s freezing cold in your area, unless you use express service. We suggest signing up for UPS My Choice which will allow you to hold the package at a UPS facility and more. You can sign up by clicking here: UPS MY CHOICE If you have any questions or concerns please contact us before you place your order. If you follow these guidelines you will mitigate the chance of loss:
- Please add one or more heat packs, depending upon the size of your order, if your plants will be traveling through freezing weather.
- Someone must be able to receive the plants when they are delivered. If they are left outside on a porch on in a lock box in freezing weather they will not survive. There is only so much a heat pack can do.
- If you cannot be available to receive the plants when they will be delivered please email us at email@example.com or add notes to your order to ask us to have your package held for pickup at your local post office or ups facility.
- We suggest using express service if its freezing cold. This is a next day service in most locations and will dramatically reduce the risk of the plants freezing to death.
- Plan your shipment around extreme weather events. For example, if there’s a nor’easter or polar vortex causing unusually cold weather, it might be best to wait until it’s over. If you can’t wait please use express shipping and/or have the shipment held for pickup. Luckily we don’t have to deal with these weather extremes in San Diego:)
- We will not ship your package via ground service through freezing weather. If you are in California, Nevada or Arizona and it’s freezing where you live do not select ground please.
Please note our shipping calculator is an estimate only. If additional postage is required, an invoice for the excess shipping cost will be sent to the email used used with your order. The calculator only goes up to $300-$400 worth of plants and can’t predict the cost of ordering all large plants or heavy items. Please expect a bill for additional shipping cost if your order is over $300-$400, or contains larger plants and/or heavy items such as wood, shells and concrete pot, etc. Why do we do it this way? There are millions of combinations of products on our website and it’s impossible to reliably calculate the exact cost of shipping. We never charge more than it costs us to ship your plants and don’t want to overcharge. In the extremely rare instance that you are overcharged by our website (if you order all small or mini plants or 1, $100 plant) we will credit you for the excess in the form of store credit.
We always look for the most economical way to ship your order which include USPS Priority Mail and UPS Ground, so please plan accordingly.
Processing and Shipping Time
Please allow us up to 48 hours to process your order, however, orders received before 9:00AM PST are typically shipped same day Monday-Friday. Dry goods will likely be shipped via ground service if it saves you money. If you need it faster please contact us or leave a note to seller. Please note that busy seasons may delay your order up to 24 hours or more in shipping time due to the volume of packages traveling through the mailing system, and volume of orders we are processing at our facility. We do our best to ship as many orders out in one day but we emphasize on the quality of your order, then speed. Orders are processed in the order of which they were received. If you prefer your shipment be sent on a particular day please let us know by leaving a note with your order or by emailing us, we’ll gladly accommodate your request (make sure you get confirmation from us).
Tillandsias ship very easily and we have had very, very few problems over the years, however we are NOT responsible for lost or damaged packages after departing our facility. $50 insurance is included with each USPS Priority Mail package and $100 is included with express, please purchase additional insurance if you would like to insure the full order amount against loss or damage. Insurance does NOT cover freezing damage. All insurance claims must be filed with USPS/ UPS and are subject to their terms and conditions. You MUST retain the damaged goods and packaging to get a claim approved, discarding it can result in nonpayment. Please visit the USPS/ UPS website for more details.
PLEASE NOTIFY US WITHIN 24 HOURS OF RECEIVING YOUR ORDER FOR ANY ISSUES
HAWAII/GUAM/US VIRGIN ISLANDS/PUERTO RICO
Phytosanitary certificate and import permit is absolutely required for Hawaii (all HI customers need an approved account before they can order). Please click here for info on how to get an import for HI: HAWAII INFO As for the other US territories, such as Guam, US Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico, It’s up to you to know the requirements. We will ship without a phytosanitary certificate at your risk if you tell us it’s not required. the cost for the certificate is $50
Import permit from your Department of Agriculture is required for Hawaii and may be required for other US territories.
$1000 minimum order required. We can ship your order via Delta Cargo, United Cargo, USPS international Express, DHL, or UPS. Phytosanitary certificate is required and costs $150. Import permit may be required, depending on country.
Please contact us here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire more info before placing your order.